Monday, April 4, 2011

I am loved...

"God loved you first!"...  One should take this sentence as literally as can be, and I try to do that.  For it is truly the great power in our lives and the consolation that we need...  What is important for all people, what makes their life significant, is the knowledge that they are loved.  The person in a difficult situation will hold on if he knows Someone is waiting for me, Someone wants me, and needs me.   God is there first and loves me.  And that is the trustworthy ground on which my life is standing and on which I myself can construct it.

~Pope Benedict XVI

Your love, O Lord, is eternal.
And so my heart rejoices, my soul is glad;
even my body shall rest in safety.
O Lord, my God, forever will I give you thanks!
~from the Psalter

No comments:

Post a Comment