Friday, June 4, 2010

"Where my dear Jesus dwells..."

There, where my dear Jesus dwells,
where He is enthroned in the tabernacle,
there I wish to be kneeling continually.
There, I wish to pray unceasingly:
Jesus, I love You deeply.
Hidden Love, I adore You.
Abandoned Love, I adore You.
Despised Love, I adore You.
Love trampled underfoot, I adore You.
Infinite Love, dying on the Cross for us, I adore You.
My dear Lord and Savior, make it be
that I am all love and expiation
toward the Most Blessed Sacrament
in the heart of Your most loving Mother Mary.
Amen.

The above prayer comes from Maria Stang, a holy German woman who was deported by Stalin’s regime to a labor camp in Kazakhstan. There, where cruelty reigned and fear held sway, where believers were persecuted and severely punished, Maria persevered in her faith, teaching and bringing it to many. Through her constant prayer and endless sacrifices, she kept alive the love of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.

Imagine being in a concentration camp, where absolutely everything has been taken away from a person, and still making sacrifices. Ah, such are the wonders of God's love! "Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore! Oh, make us love Thee more and more! Oh, make us love Thee more and more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment