Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today, not tomorrow...

A woman who really loves does not say to herself: "Tomorrow, I will love my husband, tomorrow, I will love my children, tomorrow, I will have time to think of them." But it is now that she loves them, because each task is performed for them in anticipation of their return. Now is the time that she loves them and she totally commits herself in everything she does.

That is exactly what we must do. There is no question for us of waiting until afternoon. It is now, here, it is later in the refectory, at your desk or with your machines. That is where God is waiting for you. There lies your eternity, your infinite communion, because each human act, if it is a gift of ourselves, is an act creating eternity …

~from With God in Our Daily Life by Fr. Maurice Zundel

You know, O my God, that to love You here on earth I have only today. ~St. Thérèse of Lisieux

Today, dear Lord, only today! Today -- where life is born, where hope arises, where eternity begins and all is made new. Today is where You abide, "the room where exiled love lays down its victory." My God, today You are waiting for me! Let me hurry to You, let me come to Love! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment