Monday, April 12, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes, sort of…

Among the prayers found in the Sacramentary for the celebration of Mass are three Eucharistic Prayers for Masses with Children. Because I'm rarely at a Mass where these prayers are used, every now and then I like to pray them by myself. I find their simplicity refreshing – and sometimes a bit startling. For example, in the second Eucharistic Prayer, when the priest prays for our families and friends, he also asks the Father to remember "all those we do not love as we should." Now there's a thought...and a rather good one for me to ponder as I prepare to go to confession later today...

Dear Lord, help me to love everyone as You love me, particularly those individuals who have a special claim on my love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment