Monday, March 1, 2010

Love By Loving

There are many souls who would like me to tell them of techniques and methods and secret ways of attaining perfection. Yet I can only tell them that the sole secret is a hearty love of God and the only method of acquiring that love is by loving. You learn to speak by speaking. You learn to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working. Just so, you learn to love God and your neighbor by the act of loving. All those who wish to learn in any other way deceive themselves. If you really want to love God, go and love Him more and more. Never look back, move forward constantly. ~St. Francis de Sales

Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all... O make us love Thee more and more!

Dear Mary, it's so simple to love your Son. Why do I make it so complicated? Today may I "move forward constantly" with you, rejoicing that every step brings me closer to the secret of love, the heart of your Beloved Son and the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment