Tuesday, March 30, 2010


I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth. ~Isaiah 49:6

Lately I've been thinking about what broken creatures we human beings are. Life wounds us. We suffer, and we cause suffering for others. We don't mean to hurt people, but, in our woundedness, which we cannot bear to face, we inflict pain upon others. I do this sometimes, though I try hard to tend to my own brokenness so that it will not be a burden for someone else. God wants to heal me of all my ills, but I must give them to Him. I must empty myself, over and over again, and I must let God empty me of that to which I still cling. Only then can the healing waters of His love and truth flood my entire being and transform me into a new creation. Only then I will be able to bring His light and salvation to the whole world.

Thank you, dear Lord, for continually binding up my wounds and healing me in my broken places. May I never fail to become all that You are calling me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment