Thursday, July 23, 2009

But blessed are your eyes, because they see. Mt 13:16

I thank you, Lord Jesus, that you have given me eyes to behold You…

in the beauty of the earth, where morning dew sparkles and trees wave arms of praise and darkness glows with the moon and the stars…

in the joy of human love, in the family and friends so dear to me, in the poor and the vulnerable who cry out in need, in the sick and lonely and abandoned who long for comfort, in every person Your Father has created for each one is His loving child and the apple of His eye…

in the glory of the liturgy and sacraments of the Church, in Your Sacred Body and Precious Blood so freely given to me anew day after day, in your adorable presence in the Blessed Sacrament, in the priestly hand raised in blessing and absolution…

in all these places and so many more where you, Word made flesh and splendor of the Father, dwell among us…
Dear Lord, keep my vision clear and focused so that I may see only You, always You! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment