Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today's Saint: Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha

“I am not my own; I have given myself to Jesus. He must be my only love. The state of helpless poverty that may befall me if I do not marry does not frighten me. All I need is a little food and a few pieces of clothing. With the work of my hands I shall always earn what is necessary and what is left over I’ll give to my relatives and to the poor. If I should become sick and unable to work, then I shall be like the Lord on the cross. He will have mercy on me and help me, I am sure.” ~Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, patroness of ecology and the environment, feastday July 14


Related Web sites of interest:
Blessed Kateri, Model Ecologist
Kateri Tekakwitha
American Catholic
images of Blessed Kateri
Litany of Kateri Tekakwitha
Article by Bob and Penny Lord about Blessed Kateri
Pope John Paul II on Blessed Kateri
Brief article by Catholic News Agency,
which states that "In her lifetime Kateri was frequently afflicted with illness
and became partially blind. In order for her to walk, she groped her way around
as she walked. She was then named, Tekakwitha which literally means, 'One who
walks groping for her way.'"

Dear Kateri, please pray for me because sometimes I am spiritually blind and am groping my way. Show me the way to your Beloved Bridegroom, Jesus -- my Beloved Bridegroom! my Jesus! -- who is forever the light of the world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment