Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Want to be a Saint?


Ave Maria! There's no easy way to become a saint, but there are plenty of simple, practical ways to grow in holiness. Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman's seven suggestions for "holiness in the simple and ordinary way" are as relevant today as they were in the 1800's. Fr. Broom lists them all in his blog post "Ordinary in an Extraordinary Way!", which you can check out here.  

Ready for the first one?  "Get to bed on time!"  Really? Really!  And the last one, which is the best, in my opinion: “Try to do the ordinary duties of one’s daily life with extraordinary love.” Ah, an echo of my beloved St. Francis de Sales! We've heard it before from others, too, such as the Little Flower and Mother Teresa. They're on to something. Simple indeed but quite profound. And something I can do every moment of my daily life.


Dear Lord, let me not fail to become the saint You are calling me to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment