Monday, June 9, 2014

Pentecost Monday

"And I will give you a new heart,
and put a new spirit within you:
and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh,
and will give you a heart of flesh."  
~Ezekiel 36:26

"O Holy Spirit, substantial Love of the Father and the Son, uncreated Love dwelling in the souls of the just, come down upon me like a new Pentecost and bring me an abundance of Your gifts, of Your fruits and of Your grace; unite Yourself to me as to the most sweet Spouse of my soul …. invade me, take me, possess me wholly. Be the penetrating light which illumines my intellect, the gentle motion which attracts and directs my will, the supernatural energy which gives energy to my body. Complete in me Your work of sanctification and love. Make me pure, transparent, simple, true, free, peaceful, gentle, calm, serene even in suffering and burning with charity toward God and my neighbor."

~Sr. Carmela of the Holy Spirit, OCD, quoted in Divine Intimacy

No comments:

Post a Comment