Saturday, April 27, 2013

Prayer Need


You have placed my tears in your bottle.  ~Psalm 56:9
Ave Maria!  It is not necessary for me to enumerate here all the sufferings people throughout the world are undergoing these days.  The media does that quite well.  My job is to pray for all our brothers and sisters in their distress.  Oft times I am at a loss for words.  Once again, I turn to the psalms and make those ancient prayers my own.  And, once again, the Living Word of God reminds me of the eternal Truth:  "For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you" (Isaiah 54:10).  My Heavenly Father knows...I trust in Him.

With all my voice I cry to the Lord;
with all my voice I entreat the Lord.
I pour out my trouble before him;
I tell him all my distress
while my spirit faints within me.
But you, O Lord, know my path.
 
To you I cry, O Lord.
I have said, "You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living."
Listen, then, to my cry,
for I am brought down very low.
 
~Psalm 141:2-4; 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment