Saturday, April 13, 2013

An Act of Faith

“Lord, I believe. I believe in your love. I believe that your love has saved me. I believe that your love has given me a dignity that I had not. I believe that your love gives me hope."  ~Pope Francis

Ave Maria!  In his homily during Mass on April 11, our Holy Father invited everyone to make an act of faith, saying that it becomes “beautiful to believe in love” because “it is the truth.  It is the truth of our life.”

Many years ago, during a difficult time when my faith was being sorely tested, I sat down and wrote my own little personal act of faith.  I prayed it many times a day, and at night, too, begging our dear Lord to increase and strengthen my wavering faith.  Over 30 years later, I still pray this act of faith several times each day, especially after I receive Holy Communion during daily Mass.  

Dear Lord,
I believe in Your goodness,
I hope in Your mercy,
I trust in Your love.

Dear friends, let us pray for each other that the God of hope will fill us with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit we may abound in hope (Rom 15:13).  Deo gratias!  Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment