Friday, August 5, 2011

The joy of consecrated love!

"Through their pledge to follow Christ more closely, virgins are consecrated to God, mystically espoused to Christ and dedicated to the service of the Church, when the diocesan Bishop consecrates them according to the approved liturgical rite." Code of Canon Law, #604 §1, on the order of virgins

Ave Maria!  This morning I am exulting in the joy of consecrated love!  I have just learned that next Wednesday evening, August 10, Janet LeBlanc of Waterville, ME will receive the Rite of Consecration to a Life of Virginity Lived in the World from Bishop Richard Malone, Diocese of Portland, ME (news release available here).  It's always such a happy celebration for me when another woman becomes a consecrated virgin.  To be called by the Lord Jesus to a life of consecrated virginity ... to receive this consecration from the Church, who is His Bride and our Mother ...  and then to become herself His bride and the spiritual mother of all ... oh, what indescribable joy! I do not know Janet LeBlanc, nor will I be able to attend her consecration, but my heart is jubilantly united with hers as her glorious wedding day approaches.  Deo gratias!

"I am espoused to him whom the angels serve;
sun and moon stand in wonder at his glory."
~from the Rite of Consecration

No comments:

Post a Comment