Thursday, August 11, 2011

Feast of St. Clare of Assisi (and my own feast day!)

Draw me after you, let us make haste.  The king has brought me into his chambers.  We will exult and rejoice in you; we will extol your love more than wine; rightly do they love you.  ~Sg 1:4

In reality, Clare's whole life was a Eucharist because ... from her cloister she raised up a continual thanksgiving to God in her prayer, praise, supplication, intercession, weeping, offering and sacrifice. She accepted everything and offered it to the Other in union with the infinite "thanks" of the only-begotten Son, the Child, the Crucified, the risen One, who lives at the right hand of the Father.  ~Bl. John Paul II, Address of 8/11/93

Oh, beautiful, radiant St. Clare!  How lovely the light which shines forth from you -- it is Jesus!  I join my little Eucharistic thanksgiving to your great and holy one, confident that you will help me become, like you, all His and His alone.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment