Thursday, March 31, 2011

A thankful spirit

If anyone would tell you the shortest, surest way to all happiness and all perfection, he must tell you to make it a rule to yourself to thank and praise God for everything that happens to you.  For it is certain that whatever seeming calamity happens to you, if you thank and praise God for it, you turn it into a blessing.  Therefore, if you could work miracles, you could not do more for yourself than by this thankful spirit, for it heals with a word and turns all that it touches into happiness.

~William Law

I will give praise to thee, O Lord, with my whole heart: I will relate all thy wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing to thy name, O thou most high.
~Psalm 9:102 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

In Your goodness, dear Lord, give me a glad and grateful heart.  Make of me a living sacrifice of praise to the glory of your name.  Amen!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment