Monday, March 7, 2011

My refuge and my home...

That man is perfect in faith who can come to God in the utter dearth of his feelings and his desires, without a glow or an aspiration, with the weight of low thoughts, failures, neglects, and wandering forgetfulness, and say to him, "Thou art my refuge, because thou art my home."  ~George MacDonald, "The Child in the Mist," Unspoken Sermons

How lovely is your dwelling place,
Lord, God of hosts!
The sparrow herself finds a home...
and am I not worth more than many sparrows?
Are you not my Jesus,
to whom little ones belong?
I am weak, but you are strong!
O my love, my fortress,
my stronghold, my savior,
my shield, my place of refuge,
my God in whom I trust!
O Lord of hosts, my King and my God!
May I always make my home in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment