Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Today's Feast: Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary


Our life does not exist by accident, it is not an accident. My life is willed by God from eternity. I am loved, I am necessary. God has a plan for me in the totality of history; he has a plan specifically for me. My life is important and also necessary. Eternal love has created me in profundity and awaits me. ~Pope Benedict XVI

Happy Birthday, dearest Mary! Your life, willed by God from all eternity, is a source of much hope and great joy for us. From the moment you were born, you lived according to His specific plan for you. Even when you didn't understand, when your heart ached and your spirits sagged, you trusted God with all your heart, confident of His eternal love for you. Teach me your ways, O Mother! Help me to make your "Fiat!" and "Magnificat!" my own, out of the material of my important and necessary life. With you, may I forever sing the goodness of the Lord! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment