Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Lost Bead


The parable of the woman searching for her lost coin (Luke 15:8-9) was very much on my mind recently when I lost a bead. It was a lovely 3mm round corrugated silver bead that I dropped as I was threading it onto a rosary line (see picture on left for what a rosary line looks like). I'm not exactly penny-pinching but sure can be frugal, and at approximately two cents per bead, I was immediately crawling around on the floor and under my dining room table looking for it.

"Rejoice with me because I have found the bead that I lost." Yes, I did find it. It was such a wee thing but so worth hunting down. I thought about God searching for me, tiny creature that I am, one of His little ones but no less important to Him than the greatest in His Kingdom. How happy God is when he finds me and brings me home to His heart of boundless love! And how happy I am, too!

I also thought of my sins, which are more often than not small as opposed to large. Whatever their size, they offend God and weaken my soul, and therefore I must repent of them as fervently as I would if they were huge and horrible. I must go after them as diligently as I went after my 3mm bead and bring them all to God so that He can forgive and heal me.

Rejoice with me, for I have been found by God -- and so have you! Again I say rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment