Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ten Rules of Life

A little over five years ago, I happily discovered Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyeãn Vaên Thuaän's "Ten Rules of Life," which follow below. They are an excellent source of guidance and inspiration for me as I strive to "live the testament of Christ," as the Cardinal put it. Much to my delight, today I discovered here an explanation of these rules that the Cardinal also wrote. He is, in my mind, one of the greatest uncanonized saints of our world today. Blessed be God in all His holy people!

I will live the present moment to the fullest.

I will discern between God and God’s works.

I will hold firmly to one secret: prayer.

I will see in the Holy Eucharist my only power.

I will have only one wisdom: the science of the Cross.

I will remain faithful to my mission in the Church and for the Church as a witness of Jesus Christ.

I will seek the peace the world cannot give.

I will carry out a revolution by renewal in the Holy Spirit.

I will speak one language and wear one uniform: Charity.

I will have one very special love: The Blessed Virgin Mary.

~"Ten Rules of Life" by Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyeãn Vaên Thuaän

No comments:

Post a Comment