Thursday, May 27, 2010

Virgin turned toward your Son...

Virgin turned toward your Son,

You knew how to look at Jesus and to penetrate to the most intimate depths of his person.

Teach me to look at him: to look at him long and peacefully in his presence in the tabernacle.

Help my eyes to discover the invisible, and my heart to be borne toward the hidden presence of Christ.

Let me penetrate into the intimacy of this hearth ablaze with love, to grasp at what point Jesus offers himself to me, full of affection, of mercy, of comforting sympathy.

Teach me to hear in the silence the words that he addresses to me, and to tie with him a mysterious dialogue.

Let me glimpse the marvels which he desires to work in the secret place of souls, of my own soul.

Let me appreciate his ineffable nearness, with all the friendship that it contains.

Help me to respond to his love with the vigor of all my being, to lose myself entirely, like you, in a look of love fixed upon him.

~Jean Galot, S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment