Sunday, May 16, 2010

Solemnity of the Ascension

When you go to communion during these holy days of Ascensiontide, let your soul abandon itself to thoughts of joy and confidence.

By uniting yourself to Jesus Christ you incorporate yourself in Him; He is in you, and you in Him; and you are before the face of the Father. True, you do not see Him. Yet, by faith, you know yourselves to be in His presence, with Jesus who has taken you to Him. You are with Jesus in the heart's-embrace of the Father, in the sanctuary of Divinity. This is for us the deep grace of the Ascension -- sharing, by faith, the ineffable inner life that Jesus has with His Father in heaven.

~Blessed Columba Marmion in Christ in His Mysteries
And so my heart rejoices,
my soul is glad;
even my body shall rest in safety.
For you will not leave my soul among the dead,
nor let your beloved know decay.
You will show me the path of life,
the fullness of joy in your presence,
at your right hand happiness for ever.
~Psalm 16:9-11
Dear Lord, in You, my joy is complete. Amen. ALLELUIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment