Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Crumbs from the Table

In prayer one must hold fast and never let go, because the one who gives up loses all. If it seems that no one is listening to you, then cry out even louder. If you are driven out of one door, go back in by the other. If you are told, as was the Canaanite woman, that you do not deserve the grace for which you are asking, then reply like her that you are not seeking unusual favors, but are hoping only to eat the crumbs which fall from the divine table. ~St. Jane de Chantal

Dear Lord, I do not ask for a full banquet -- just a crumb from You will do. And until You give me that, I will gladly do without because I know that only You can satisfy the hungers of the human heart. My heart is Yours, O Jesus, to do with as You will. In You alone is all my hope. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment