Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Lord has his plan...

The Lord has his plan for each of us, he calls each one of us by name. Our task is to be listeners, capable of perceiving his call, to be courageous and faithful, so that we may follow him, and in the end, be found as trustworthy servants who have used well the gifts entrusted to us. ~Pope John Paul II, 6/1/82

Dear Lord, you have indeed probed me and you know me (Ps 139:1). You know how weak I am, how unfaithful I can be and so fearful, too. Still, You have called me by name, I am Yours (Is 43:3). You give me all that I need, moment by moment, to respond to Your call and to keep following You -- Your Church to guide me, the sacraments to sustain me, Your Word to enlighten me, Your Blessed Mother to love and assist me, the angels to protect me and the saints to encourage me, my family and friends to accept and support me, and, greatest and best of all, YOU YOURSELF, dear Jesus, to be my way, truth and life. For these and all Your gifts, I give you thanks, my Lord and my All! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment