Monday, June 15, 2009

The Holy Eucharist is for me!

And where is Jesus my Savior? In heaven and also in the Blessed Sacrament. Heaven is for the angels and saints in glory; the Holy Eucharist is for me.

The Holy Eucharist is my joy, my riches, my home, my palace, wherein dwells the King of my life and the God of my heart. The Holy Eucharist is my heaven on earth, and before It I will adore, as the angels and saints adore before the throne of the Lamb in heaven.

The Holy Eucharist shall be my heart's center, wherein it shall live and love, find rest and inspiration. Jesus said, "Where your treasure house is, there your heart is too."

I will have no other treasure beside Thee, good Jesus! My heart shall no longer seek its Best-Beloved; it has found Him. My love shall no more languish far from Thee, now that I know Thy dwelling place.

Oh, draw me now entirely to Thee, divine Lover, my mind with all its thoughts, my heart with all its desires and affections, my will with all its actions, my body with all its senses, that I may live no longer in myself but in Thee!

St. Peter Julian Eymard

No comments:

Post a Comment