Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday of the Second Week of Advent



For yet a little while,
and the coming one shall come
and shall not tarry.
~Hebrews 10:37


"We are, poor us -- in spite of so many graces given us, which we have heartlessly, coldly, miserably trampled on -- we are the Promised Land for our God!  God is coming. He is the Star of the East, He who is to come, He who longs to come. His saints are the inheritance of which He takes possession. The faint light which, even today, seems so lovely to me will, I know, become stronger in me, stronger and stronger. I know that grace is working in my soul. I know that I am of the Communion of Saints, of the family of God. I know what consolation I will find in thinking about this a little more, in living in this expectation, and in making of the virtue of hope a daily reality. What strength, what sweetness, what joy to expect something great and joyous -- which is surely going to happen -- which is so close and which has already begun to happen!"  ~Mother Marie des Douleurs, Joy Out of Sorrow

And they shall say in that day:
Lo, this is our God,
we have waited for him, 
and he will save us:
this is the Lord,
we have patiently waited for him,
we shall rejoice and be joyful in his salvation.
~Isaiah 25:9

No comments:

Post a Comment