Friday, December 12, 2014

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Flowers have appeared in our land:
we praise thee, Holy Mother of God.
~The Roman Breviary, Antiphon from Lauds, Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe


Hear and let it penetrate into your heart, my dear little son: Let nothing discourage you, nothing depress you. Let nothing alter your heart or your countenance. Also, do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else that you need? 

~Words of Our Lady of Guadalupe to St. Juan Diego, December 12, 1531


I love you, dear Mary, and I thank you for being our Mother Most Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment