Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday of the First Week of Advent


Then he touched their eyes and said,
“Let it be done for you according to your faith.” 
And their eyes were opened.  
~Matthew 9:29-30


"Most of us visit an optometrist with implicit confidence and faith. This professional is schooled in helping people to see. We leave the office with new contacts or glasses and find the world more focused, sometimes larger than we had previously known. Jesus, our divine optometrist, wants people to see and know, drawing them out of darkness and ignorance into the world of light and grace. All we need to do is request the gift of sight with confidence and faith. Divine compassion will bring us healing."  ~Bishop Robert F. Mourneau, Fathoming Bethlehem

Yes, Lord, I believe that You can heal me, and I beg you to do so,
that out of gloom and darkness my blind eyes may see
and I may know that You are my God.
(cf. Isaiah 29:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment