Saturday, April 19, 2014

Holy Saturday

Our Shepherd, even the Fountain of living waters, is gone from us;
He passed away, and the sun was darkened.
~The Divine Office, Matins for Holy Saturday 
Reading IV, Responsory




Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge
I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord.
My happiness lies in you alone."

As for the holy ones who dwell in the land,
they are noble, and in them is all my delight.
Those who choose other gods increase their sorrows.
I will not take part in their offerings of blood.
Nor will I take their names upon my lips.

O Lord, it is  you who are my portion and cup;
you yourself who secure my lot.
Pleasant places are marked out for me:
a pleasing heritage indeed is mine!

I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel,
who even at night directs my heart.
I keep the Lord before me always;
with him at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

And so, my heart rejoices, my soul is glad;
even my flesh shall rest in hope.
For you will not abandon my soul to hell,
nor let your holy one see corruption.

You will show me the path of life,
the fullness of joy in your presence,
at your right hand, bliss forever.

~The Divine Office, Matins for Holy Saturday, Psalm 15

No comments:

Post a Comment