Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"Men and women who are merciful have big, big hearts."

"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."  ~Luke 6:36

“Jesus' invitation to mercy is intended to draw us into a deeper imitation of God our Father: be merciful, as your Father is merciful…

“Who am I to judge this? Who am I to gossip about this? Who I am, who have done the same things, or worse?....

“A big heart doesn't get entangled in other people's lives, it doesn't condemn but forgives and forgets….  Men and women who are merciful have big, big hearts: they always excuse others and think more of their own sins. Were someone to say to them: 'but do you see what so and so did?', they respond in mercy saying: 'but I have enough to be concerned over with all I have done'.

“If all of us, all peoples, all families, all neighborhoods had this attitude, how much peace there would be in the world, how much peace there would be in our hearts, for mercy brings us peace! Let us always remember: who am I to judge? To be ashamed of oneself and to open and expand one's heart, may the Lord give us this grace!”

~Pope Francis, 3/17/14 Homily

King of Mercy, guide my soul.
St. Maria Faustina

No comments:

Post a Comment