Saturday, March 15, 2014

"Mary is compassion..."

Mary is compassion. She truly is, since the Son was suffering and they said that the Mother was next to Him and suffered too. Reading Saint John Eudes, I understood that there is only one Heart, that of "Jesus and Mary."

To have this spirit of compassion, we must have our heart pierced… We cannot do it to ourselves; we need to ask Mary to truly have our heart pierced. It is important to ask Mary, as she constantly stands by the Cross of the Lord, suffers, and offers her compassion for Him. She teaches us to be compassionate.

Pierre Goursat, 1914-1991, Founder of the Emmanuel Community in France 

O thou Mother! fount of love! 
Touch my spirit from above; 
Make my heart with thine accord. 

Make me feel as thou hast felt; 
Make my soul to glow and melt
With the love of Christ our Lord. 

Stabat Mater

No comments:

Post a Comment