Thursday, March 14, 2013

What Pope Francis Did This Morning

Ave Maria! What a glorious day! Habemus papam!  I woke up this morning crying tears of joy and gratitude for new Holy Father, Pope Francis.

Apparently he's already left his new home at St. Peter's for the first time as he goes about his Father's business.

According to the Vatican, as published on the Web here, the Holy Father "made his first and officially unscheduled visit to the Rome Basilica of Saint Mary Major early Thursday, surprising residents and children on their way to a nearby school.... Pope Francis remained about half an hour in prayer at the basilica’s altar of the Virgin Mary. The Basilica is one of Rome’s most important Marian shrines."

Ah, this son loves his Mother!

The headline for this article states: "Pope Francis makes surprise visit to Marian Basilica in Rome."

I suspect that our new Holy Father has a few more surprises in store for us.

I can hardly wait!

Deo gratias! Thanks be to God!

 
And I will raise me up a faithful priest,
who shall do according to my heart, and my soul,
and I will build him a faithful house,
and he shall walk all days before my anointed.
~1 Samuel 2:35

No comments:

Post a Comment