Friday, March 8, 2013

ADOPT A CARDINAL

Cardinal Scherer
Ave Maria!  As most people know by now, our Cardinal Fathers have decided that the Conclave for the election of the Pope will begin on Tuesday, 12 March 2013.

Of course, we are all praying for all of them.  We can even adopt a particular cardinal and pray for him specifically now and in the days ahead.  Just go to ADOPT A CARDINAL on the Web and follow the instructions.  A cardinal will be chosen for you at random. 

You can even adopt a few extra cardinals, which I did for friends of mine who do not have access to the Web.  I simply went back to the "ADOPT" page and submitted a new request with a new name and my email address.  My requests were readily accepted.

Included above is a photo of my adopted Cardinal, Cardinal Odilo Pedro Scherer from Brazil.  He was born September 21, 1949 (just a year older than me!) and has been a Cardinal since November 11, 2007.  Cardinal Scherer is the Archbishop of São Paulo, Brazil. 

In closing, I share with you my specific arrow prayer for our Cardinal Fathers these days: "Send forth your light and your truth!"  (Psalm 43[42]:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment