Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Prayer is like an open window..."

Therefore, if you be risen with Christ, seek the things that are above; where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. ~Colossians 3:1
 
By raising our gaze to God's heaven in a constant relationship with Christ, by opening our hearts and our minds to him in personal and communal prayer, we learn to see things in a new way and to grasp their truest meaning. Prayer is like an open window that allows us to keep our gaze turned toward God, not only for the purpose of reminding us of the goal toward which we are directed, but also to allow the will of God to illumine our earthly journey and to help us to live it with intensity and commitment.  ~Pope Benedict XVI, 9/12/12 General Audience 

Dear Lord, I will open my window wide today so that I may see You.  Help me to always keep my eyes fixed on You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment