Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Gift for God

What more do I ask than that you give yourself entirely to Me?  I care not for anything else you may give Me, for I seek not your gift but you.  Just as it would not be enough for you to have everything if you did not have Me, so whatever you give cannot please Me if you do not give yourself.  ~The Imitation of Christ, Book 4, Chapter 8
Dear Lord, it easy is to give You gifts but hard to give You myself.  How tightly I cling to myself!  In fear and selfishness, I protest:  "If I give myself to You completely, what's left for me?"  You who laid down Your life for me with such utter love, teach me that true magnanimity of heart that gives without counting the cost, for the joy set before us (Heb 12:2), life on high with You and the Father forever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment