Monday, September 3, 2012

Feast of St. Gregory the Great

What tongue can describe the heart of the divine mercy? What mind is not amazed by the riches of such great love? The psalmist was thinking of these riches of divine love when he said: "My helper, I will sing a psalm to You. It is You, O God, Who are my protector, my God, my mercy." Carefully weighing the labors surrounding our humanity, he called God his helper. He calls his "protector" the One Who protects us in the midst of our present distress until we come to eternal rest. But bearing mind that God sees our evil deeds and bears with them, that He puts up with our sins and still preserves us for His rewards because of repentance, he could not just speak of God as being merciful but called Him mercy itself, saying "My God, my Mercy."

~St. Gregory the Great  
Jesus, my mercy and joy!
Let me live to praise You with all my being!

No comments:

Post a Comment