Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Prayer That the Will of God May Be Done

Most kind Jesus, grant me Your grace, I pray; let it dwell in me, work in me, and abide in me to the end.  Grant me always to will and desire whatever is most pleasing and acceptable to You.  Let Your will be mine, and let my will ever follow and be conformed wholly to Your own.  Let me ever will and not will in union with Yourself, and be unable to will otherwise than You will or do not will.  Grant that I may die to all things in this world, and for Your sake love to be despised and unknown.  Grant me, above all else, to rest in You, that my heart may find its peace in You lone; for You are the heart's true peace, its sole abiding place, and outside Yourself all is hard and restless.  In this true peace that is in You, the sole, supreme, and eternal Good, I will dwell and take my rest. Amen.

~ from The Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis, Book 3, Chapter 15

My soul doth magnify the Lord,
and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.
~Luke 1:46-47

No comments:

Post a Comment