Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Counting it all joy

Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials.  ~James 1:2

Ave Maria!  In His infinite wisdom and loving kindness, God is giving me many opportunities to "count it all joy" these days.  A nasty little tumble that I took at my beloved church last Friday has left me with a broken collarbone, as I learned yesterday when I saw an orthopedist.  I'm in a sling and must not use my right arm for at least 6 weeks, maybe more.  Six weeks will be the feast of St, Joseph, so I am already praying to him in a special way.  Yes, I am right-handed.  I am also slow typing with one hand.  OK, reality check:  I'm slow doing EVERYTHING with one hand!  I am absolutely committed to obeying my doctor's orders and may not be blogging much in the days ahead.  We'll see...  But I will be praying lots, more than ever, and especially for each one of you, my dear family and friends and readers.  God is so good and loves us so much, each one of us as if we were the only one, according to St. Augustine.  Because of Him, we can indeed "count it all joy"!  DEO GRATIAS!

Many would be willing to have afflictions
provided that they not be inconvenienced by them.
~St. Francis de Sales

No comments:

Post a Comment