Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Celebrating Life!

For all things are yours...whether the world or life or death or the present or the future, all are yours; and you are Christ's; and Christ is God's. 1 Cor 3:21-23

Ave Maria! No, this really isn't a picture of me! My hair is neither blond nor this long, my figure was never this lithe, I avoid wearing this shade of green, and I no longer kick up my heels this high. But this is a good image of my heart and soul today as I celebrate my 62nd birthday. I'm not at all shy about celebrating birthdays because, for me, it's a special time to honor the God of all glory and beauty who so graciously created me in His image and likeness and to thank the everlasting Father of mercies for His eternal love and abundant goodness to me. I awakened this morning thinking of these lines from "Sayings of Light and Love" by St. John of the Cross. They have been my morning meditation, and I know that I will be singing them with gratitude and joy throughout this happy day.

"Mine are the heavens and mine is the earth. Mine are the nations, the just are mine, and mine the sinners. The angels are mine, and the Mother of God, and all things are mine; and God himself is mine and for me, because Christ is mine and all for me. What do you ask, then, and seek, my soul? Yours is all of this, and all is for you. Do not engage yourself in something less or pay heed to the crumbs that fall from your Father's table. Go forth and exult in your Glory! Hide yourself in it and rejoice, and you will obtain the supplications of your heart."

Thank you, dear Lord, for your inexpressible gift! May I always and forever exult in You! Amen! Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment