Thursday, October 28, 2010

All creatures great and small...

All you creatures, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever.
Daniel 3

Ave Maria! One of my favorite blogs is ZooBorns, a daily report of baby animals from zoos and aquariums around the world. Animals fascinate and delight me! Each one is so unique, so "bright and beautiful" in its own way. And the Lord God made them all!

As the Catechism of the Catholic Church (#2416) reminds us: "Animals are God's creatures. He surrounds them with his providential care. By their mere existence they bless him and give him glory. (Cf. Mt 6:26; Dan 3:79-81) Thus men owe them kindness. We should recall the gentleness with which saints like St. Francis of Assisi or St. Philip Neri treated animals." I praise God for His grand and glorious creation of animals ,and I thank Him especially that He has given me my sweet cat Queenie to be my pet. Now if she will just cooperate, I'll post a picture of her soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment