Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A House for My Lord

But that night the Lord spoke to Nathan and said: "Go, tell my servant David, 'Thus says the Lord: Should you build me a house to dwell in?'" 2 Sam 7:4-5

Dear Lord, about this house that am I building for You out of the raw material of my life… Is it one for Your name? Are You its foundation? Am I careful how I build upon it? Does it please You? Is it a sanctuary of honor and glory? A haven of peace and loveliness? Are its courts filled with songs of praise? Does peace reign in its walls? Am I a careful master builder, a wise gatekeeper, a diligent housekeeper, a gracious host? Help me, please, my King and my God, so that the house I am building and keeping for You may be a happy home where love abides and You are welcome. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment