Friday, April 24, 2009

By the light of the Psalms

For several years now, my dear friend Connie and I have given each other the same Christmas present, which is Chris Shea's yearly mini-calendar called "By the light of the Psalms." Each day's page, which measures a mere 3x3 inches, includes a short verse from the Psalms followed by a brief reflection or prayer. It's amazing how much wisdom can be packed into such a tiny space! I save all these pages once I tear them off because they make good scrap paper. But they often find their way into my Liturgy of Hours, my pocket or purse or onto my bathroom mirror or the little bulletin board above my kitchen sink. These two recent pages are keepers.

Save me, O God, for the waters are coming into my soul (Ps 69:1)
...sometimes I get in over my head.

O God, thou knowest my foolishness (Ps 69:5)
…and yet you love me still.


Thank you, dear Lord, for the light of Your most gracious word!

No comments:

Post a Comment