Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Queen of Martyrs, pray for us!

Blue Madonna by Carl Dolci
The Queen of Virgins is the Queen of Martyrs too, but it was within her heart that the sword transpierced her, for with her everything took place within her soul. Oh, how beautiful she is in a majesty both strong and sweet… She is there at the foot of the Cross, standing in her strength and courage, and my Master says to me: "Ecce Mater tua" (Behold your Mother). He gives her to me for my Mother! And now that he has returned to the Father, he has put me in his place on the Cross, so that I may "fill up those things that are wanting in the sufferings of Christ for his Body which is the Church." Mary is there still, to teach me to suffer as he did, to tell me, to make me hear those last outpourings of his soul, which only his Mother could catch.
St. Elizabeth of the Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment