Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Breathe new life into my being...

Photography by Ann L. Krumrein

The Responsorial Psalm in today's Mass is taken from Psalm 51. I spent some time this morning using Msgr. Ronald Knox's translation (first published 1949) morning to contemplate it. These verses in particular spoke to my heart...

But thou art a lover of faithfulness, and now, deep in my heart, thy wisdom has instructed me. (v8)

Tidings send me of good news and rejoicing, and the body that lies in the dust shall thrill with pride. (v10)

Bring a clean heart to birth within me; breathe new life, true life, into my being. (v12)

Give me back the comfort of thy saving power, and strengthen me in generous resolve. (v14)

O Lover of Faithfulness, make me faithful, too! Let me hear those tidings of good news and rejoicing that you send me all the time, and let me share them with everyone I meet this day. And strengthen me in generous resolve to live the life you give me today, to be the servant of your love and the joy of your heart. Glory and praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely it was to fall upon your blog when playing, lets see where "next blog" takes me.
    Your inspirational messages brightened my day
    Thank you

    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nicola, for your kind words. May the beauty of the Lord bring joy to your heart today and always!

    ReplyDelete