Friday, May 20, 2016

Pentecost Friday



May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
~Romans 15:13


Holy Spirit, open my eyes and calm my mind.  Give me the recollection of the Father's love, of the Son's unceasing prayer, of the world as God's world and of your own presence within me.  Holy Spirit, give me faith.

Holy Spirit, reveal to me the truth of the Father's unfailing purpose; of the Son's victory and risen presence; the truth about myself – sinner yet child beloved of God.  Holy Spirit, give me hope. 

 Holy Spirit, give me peace; peace with God and peace with people.  Kindle my desire for you.  Strengthen my will to live and serve.  Teach me and lead me where you will.  Holy Spirit, give me love.

~St. John's Abbey, Collegeville, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment