Thursday, March 10, 2016

Ten Questions


Ave Maria!  Sunday evening, Pope Francis and members of the Vatican Curia gathered for their annual Lenten retreat, March 6-10.  Fr. Ermes Ronchi, a member of the Servants of Mary and a noted Italian author, is leading the group in spiritual exercises based on ten questions from the Gospels, which Vatican Radio has provided and I am posting below.  As I ponder one question each day, I am reminded of that penetrating verse from the book of Hebrews (4:12):  "For the word of God is living and effectual, and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."  Yikes!

1.  “What are you looking for?” (John 1:38)

2.  “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” (Mark 4:40)

3.  “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again?” (Matthew 5:13)

4.  “But who do you say that I am?” (Luke 9:20)

5.  “Then, turning to the woman, he told Simon, ‘Do you see this woman?’” (Luke 7:44)

6.  “How many loaves do you have?” (Mark 6:38, Matthew 15:34)

7.  “Straightening up, Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?’” (John 8:10)

8.  “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” (John 20:15)

9.  “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” (John 21:16) 

10.  “Mary said to the angel, ‘How can this be?’” (Luke 1:34).  

Guide me in your truth, and teach me;
for you are the God of my salvation.
I have hoped in you all day long.
~Psalm 25:5

No comments:

Post a Comment