Thursday, March 24, 2016

Holy Thursday

Before the festival day of the pasch, Jesus knowing that His hour was come, that He should pass out of this world to the Father: having loved his own who were in the world, He loved them unto the end.  ~John 13:1
"I saw, shadowed out in the absolute devotion of Jesus to men, that the very life of God by which we live is an everlasting giving of himself away.  He asserts himself, only, solely, altogether, in an infinite sacrifice of devotion.  So must we live; the child must be as the father; live he cannot on any other plan, struggle as he may.  The father requires of him nothing that he is not or does not himself, who is the one prime unconditioned sacrificer and sacrifice."
~from Wilfred Cumbermede by George MacDonald
Within Thy Wounds, dear Lord, hide me!  Unite me with You in Your "infinite sacrifice of devotion" that I may live no longer for myself but for You alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment