Monday, December 3, 2012

"I will wait for God my Saviour"


…we must not only have faith in Him, but must wait on Him; not only must hope, but must watch for Him; not only love Him, but must long for Him; not only obey Him, but must look out, look up earnestly for our reward, which is Himself.  We must not only make Him the Object of our faith, hope, and charity, but we must make it our duty not to believe the world, not to hope in the world, not to love the world.  We must resolve not to hang on the world's opinion, or study its wishes.  It is our mere wisdom to be thus detached from all things below.  "The time is short," says the Apostle; "it remaineth that they who weep be as though they wept not, and they that rejoice as if they rejoiced not, and they that buy as though they possessed not, and they that use this world as if they used it not, for the fashion of this world passeth away."  ~Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman, "Waiting for Christ"
 
But I will look towards the Lord,
I will wait for God my Saviour:
my God will hear me.
~Micah 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment