Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Lenten journey continued...

In the Church’s tradition, this journey we are asked to take in Lent is marked by certain practices: fasting, almsgiving and prayer. Fasting means abstinence from food but includes other forms of privation for a more modest life. However, all this is not yet the full reality of fasting: it is an outer sign of an inner reality, of our commitment, with God’s help, to abstain from evil and to live by the Gospel. Those who are unable to nourish themselves with the word of God do not fast properly.  ~Pope Benedict XVI

When I found your words, I devoured them; your words were my joy, the happiness of my heart, because I bear your name, Lord, God of hosts.  ~Jeremiah 15:16

Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ, Whose Word is my life and my salvation!  May I feast on You today and always with gratitude and joy.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment