Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Partridge Wing


Partridge Wing by Ann L. Krumrein


All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.

Ce­cil F. Alexander


Ave Maria!  As some of you know, I went on a private retreat this past weekend at the Cenacle Retreat House here in Houston.  It was a time of marvelous rejuvenation for me.  I came home to find this stunning partridge wing in my email box, from my sweet Annie, of course.  It took my breath away.  It also reminded me of the many peacocks that were constantly strolling the Cenacle grounds, contentedly roosting here and there and sometimes even having a little snooze.  Such magnificent creatures!  They were so friendly that I could get almost close enough to touch them.  I never tried though, because this was their home and I was their welcome guest.  So I honored their presence with great delight and found much joy in simply gazing upon them, marveling at their God-given beauty. 

"Bless the Lord, O my soul!  Lord God, how great you are, clothed in majesty and glory, wrapped in light as with a robe!"  (Ps 103:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment