Friday, October 28, 2011

No longer strangers and sojourners

You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God. ~Ephesians 2:19

Ave Maria! I find such comfort and joy in knowing that I am no longer a stranger and sojourner on this earth. Through the ineffable love of God, by the sacrifice of His Beloved Son Jesus Christ, I am blessed to be a member of His household. Through His cross and resurrection, our Lord has brought me home to the Father, where all the holy ones live forever in the fullness of Him who fills all in all (Eph 1:23). Even here and now, in the shadow of His wings I rejoice for I know that when this earthly tent is destroyed, I have " a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in heaven" (2 Cor 5:1).  My citizenship is in heaven (Phil 3:20), the city of the living God (Heb 12:12)!  "And so, my rejoices, my soul is glad; even my flesh shall rest in hope.  For you will not abandon my soul to hell, nor let your holy one see corruption.  You will show me the path of life, the fullness of joy in your presence, at your right hand, bliss for ever" (Ps 16:9-11).  ALLELUIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment